SUMMARY: Manages and assumes 24-hour responsibility and accountability for all resident care, family services, administrative more, oversight, quality measures and compliance. Manages the facility in accordance with policy and procedure, State and Federal regulations to promote high quality care and service. Involved and reviews, interviews and hires staff for the facility and provide orientation to facility. Plans and implements the overall nursing policies, procedures, and services for a long-term care facility. Generally manages nurses, certified medication aides and certified nursing aides. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. To insure DON is proficient and understands HIPPA compliance.
Is responsible to the Nursing Home Administrator.
Has administrative authority, responsibility and accountability for the functions, activities, orientation and in-service education of the nursing staff.
- Is responsible for the development and maintenance or nursing service objectives, standards of nursing practice, nursing policy and procedure manuals.
- Perform pre-admission nursing assessment for prospective residents. Obtain current history and physical for all admissions to HCC and RA.
- Assess current residents/tenants when determination for continued stay or possible transfer is needed.
- Serve as member of Facility Admissions Committee.
- Initiate, design and implement nursing care plan for all residents.
- Assess and assure proper treatment of all wounds and skin problems. Report at least quarterly on results of skin management efforts.
- Administer bowel and bladder training program for all residents who can benefit.
- Administer facility infection control program; identify problems, initiate corrective actions, report results, evaluate effectiveness. Report infection incidence at weekly staff meeting and quarterly Quality Assurance.
- Provide input at all weekly rehabilitation meetings and periodic rehab rounds. Assure coordination of rehab rounds. Assure care plans are updated consistent with resident needs. Measure and track wound healing in facility.
- Responsible for QM tracking
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT:
- Function as employee health nurse for on-the-job incidents; treat and refer, appropriate to scope of practice under Oklahoma Law.
- Recommend number and levels of nursing personnel to be employed. Establish and maintain appropriate schedules for all nursing staff.
- Hire and evaluate all nursing staff for Health Care and Assisted Living. Take appropriate action to assure staff meet acceptable standards of practice.
- Administer Nursing payroll, including calculation and review of time cards, preparation of forms. Resolution of disagreements regarding hours of pay.
- Assure all nursing staff have current job descriptions and performances evaluations are done annually per policy.
- Provide regular program of in-service education to licensed and certified staff.
- Keep facility compliant in the EMR by checking infection reports, bowel and bladder assessment, Braden scale, command center.
- Sign electronically MDS care plans.
- Do weekly wound assessments in EMR.
- Conduct weight meetings.
- Address Pharmacy recommendations.
- Review all reports for falls and injuries.
- Review all current infections and follow the facility policy and procedure on tracking and trending.
- Conduct a weekly meeting with care coordinators to review pertinent issues.
- Tracking of Physician progress notes to ensure compliance with State and Federal guidelines.
- Random medication/treatment cart audits.
- Establish recommendation for annual budget for nursing labor, supplies, contractors, and charges for services rendered.
- Review financial results monthly and make adjustments as needed to maintain compliance with budget. Manage wheelchair inventory. Determine ongoing needs and recommend acquisition strategies.
- Respond to periodic third-party insurance inquiries pertaining to coverage of residents.
- Maintain ongoing consultation with Medical Director on wide range of clinical and administrative matters. Monitor quality of attending physician involvement with residents and assist Medical Director in resolution of care related issues.
- Administer facility Medical Records of RCC and RA per regulatory guidelines.
- Assumes temporary authority for leadership of facility in the absence of Nursing Home Administrator.