Simulation and Laboratory Coordinator #PRO-19-00009tulsa technology center
Simulation and Laboratory Coordinator
Effectively manage the Health Sciences Center Clinical Laboratory areas to established standards, provide technical support for all simulation operations, including but not limited to: maintenance and repair of computerized mannequins, management of simulation areas and mannequin set-up and takedown, application of moulage and recording and playback of simulations.
- Maintain the Health Sciences Center's central supply inventory; monitor and supervise retrieval of laboratory materials as requested by instructional staff and for the specific health programs housed within the Health Sciences Center
- Assist and monitor students working and testing in the clinical laboratories by providing direction and guidance as necessary, considering student knowledge level of difficulty, and requirements of skill testing
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all clinical laboratories, curriculum materials, and equipment /supplies; monitor and manage clinical laboratories equipment resources, by assisting instructors in the operation of equipment; maintain an efficient check-out and check-in system for all clinical laboratory resources, and ensure that all Health Sciences Center's Clinical laboratory equipment is properly maintained
- Assist in managing the Health Sciences Center's Clinical Laboratory Budget coordinating appropriately with the HSC's Director and Clinical & Simulation Coordinator
- Understand the use and operation of different simulator technology as demonstrated by skills necessary to program software to model simulators' physiological responses to instructor specifications. Provide technical assistance, support and training to faculty, instructors and staff in use of simulation equipment, as necessary, serving as a resource for faculty utilizing simulation
- Serve as simulator technician running scenarios with faculty instructors, assuring all equipment is set up for course programs. Support/assist in role-playing applications, props placement, and moulage set-up. Assist with special projects, initiatives, and faculty with the development of new skill modules.
- Perform tasks and duties relevant to any of various roles or responsibilities assigned by supervision and determined by management to be appropriate for this position; comply with all policy, procedure, regulation, and other communicated requirements as may be in effect for the workgroup or worksite
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions regarding the provision of services to internal and external customers and in day-to-day operations of the department. Interpret and implement policies in a manner consistent with the interests of the District. Provide advice and consultation to executive management as requested. Investigate and resolve issues as needed, represent the department and District in a professional manner to all.
- This position requires a minimum of 3 year's experience working in a clinical area and/or education setting with health care students
- An additional year of experience working in a healthcare simulation setting is also required
- Simulation certification is preferred
- Knowledge of health laboratory organization and operations
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology.
Shift: Various Shifts
Education: Associate degree in area of health and/or technology is required. Bachelor's degree in technology or health-related field preferred.
Salary: Schedule Instructional Services Personnel
Hiring Range :$42,295 - $49,815 annually depending on experience and education, plus additional $6,900 compensation for salary-in-lieu of dependent benefit coverage.
Benefits: Employee Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Sick Leave, Vacation, Personal Leave, Pension Plan, 457 Savings Plan, and 22 paid holidays
Closing Date: For maximum consideration, the deadline for receipt of application material is September 3. However, the position will remain open until filled.
Note: Tulsa Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition Number: PRO-19-00009
Location: Health Sciences Center - NW corner of Memorial Blvd and BA Expressway, Tulsa, OK.
About the Organization
Tulsa Technology is the oldest and largest career and technical training center in Oklahoma. We are an independent public school district, with multiple campuses in and around the Tulsa County area. Our school serves secondary students from public school districts throughout Tulsa County, as well as private, parochial and home-schooled students. A significant adult enrollment is also served throughout the year in both full and part-time training programs. We also provide custom training programs for business and industry in NE Oklahoma. We employ school administrators, instructors, and support personnel to accomplish our vision and mission of developing a world-class workforce and preparing people for success in the workplace.
Tulsa technology annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Tulsa technology; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. Anyone can obtain a paper copy of this report by contacting the tulsa technolohy environmental, health and safety office (918.828.5181) or security office (918.828.1092).
Tulsa Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer
"No person shall on the grounds of race, color, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender expression or identity, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, age or genetic information be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any education program or in recruitment, consideration, selection or employment whether full-time or part-time, or any other activity.