1st Class Ltd. Stationary Engineer
1st Class Ltd. Stationary Engineer (Facilities Coordinator)
To operate the facility’s mechanical, electrical, plumbing and building systems; supervise department personnel; schedule maintenance and effect minor repairs to assure facilities are operated safely and efficiently.
1. Customarily and regularly manage direct reports to maximize productivity, efficiency, and the potential of the human assets of TTC, including: directing job assignments, monitoring staff performance, coaching, counseling, training, assuring compliance with regulatory requirements and organizational mission, values, policies and work rules. Appraise performance and provide recommendations for staff promotion and termination actions, and hiring as appropriate.
2. Operate boilers, chillers and associated machinery to maintain proper environmental controls to meet TTC expectations for facility comfort.
3. Schedule and perform HVAC preventive maintenance to maximize effective life of facility equipment while minimizing disruption of TTC operations.
4. Write, monitor and close out work orders for operational staff and vendors/contractors and prioritize and schedule requests from administration to optimize response to facility requirements. Track, schedule, and maintain the various warranties for new building components, projects, and equipment.
5. Track expenses associated with blanket purchase orders and balance accounts to remain within budget parameters.
6. Conduct periodic water treatment testing and make adjustments as needed to assure compliance with reporting requirements and that a high quality of water service is maintained within the facility.
7. Direct facility room arrangements, special set ups, and equipment requirements to assure that functions and events proceed on time and with optimum chance for success.
8. Conduct and document security and safety tests/drills of alarms sprinklers, and fire equipment; and address deficiencies to assure that facilities are in compliance with regulatory requirements and TTC policies and practices.
9. Schedule/perform delivery, receipt, warehouse/storage, and distribution of materials, and supplies both on and off campus to efficiently support TTC operations.
10. Direct the management and maintenance of grounds, walkways, parking lots, fences, signs and other public areas to maintain safety and beautification standards for TTC.
11. Perform outdoor – seasonal – maintenance activities including snow removal from walkways, roofs and/or parking lots, and lawn, tree, shrub and flower bed maintenance.
12. Exercise reasonable care and demonstrate a proper concern for protecting District property and the welfare of self and others by obeying all safety rules and practices; operate motor vehicles and other power equipment in full compliance with safety requirements, both stated rules and any unstated but generally accepted safe practices.
13. Perform tasks and duties relevant to any of various roles or responsibilities assigned by supervision and determined by management to be appropriate for this position; comply with all policy, procedure, regulation and other communicated requirements as may be in effect for the workgroup or worksite.
|EDUCATION||High school diploma or equivalent|
|HIRING RANGE||Hiring Range for positions on SPMS: Dependent on experience and education, plus additional $7,200 annual compensation for salary-in-lieu of dependent benefit coverage.|
|BENEFITS||Employee Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Sick Leave, Vacation, Personal Leave, Pension Plan, 457 Savings Plan and approximately 23 paid holidays|
|CLOSING DATE||For maximum consideration, receipt of application material is August 15th. However, the position will remain open until filled.|
|NOTE||TULSA TECH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER|
|LOCATION||District Services Center - Tulsa, OK|
|ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION||Tulsa Tech is the oldest and largest career & technical training center in OK. We are an independent public school district, with multiple campuses in the Tulsa County area. Our school serves secondary students from public school districts throughout Tulsa County, as well as private, parochial and home-schooled students. A significant adult enrollment is also served throughout the year in both full and part-time training programs. We also provide custom training programs for business and industry in NE Oklahoma. We employ school administrators, instructors, and support personnel to accomplish our vision and mission of developing a world-class workforce and preparing people for success in the workplace.
TULSA TECH'S ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT INCLUDES STATISTICS FOR THE PREVIOUS THREE YEARS CONCERNING REPORTED CRIMES THAT OCCURRED ON CAMPUS; IN CERTAIN OFF-CAMPUS BUILDINGS OR PROPERTY OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY TULSA TECH; AND ON PUBLIC PROPERTY WITHIN, OR IMMEDIATELY ADJACENT TO AND ACCESSIBLE FROM, THE CAMPUS. THE REPORT ALSO INCLUDES INSTITUTIONAL POLICIES CONCERNING CAMPUS SECURITY, SUCH AS POLICIES CONCERNING ALCOHOL AND DRUG USE, CRIME PREVENTION, THE REPORTING OF CRIMES, SEXUAL ASSAULT, AND OTHER MATTERS. ANYONE CAN OBTAIN A PAPER COPY OF THIS REPORT BY CONTACTING THE TULSA TECH ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICE (918.828.5181) OR SECURITY OFFICE (918.828.1092).
|EOE STATEMENT||Tulsa Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer
"No person shall on the grounds of race, color, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender expression or identity, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, age or genetic information be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any education program, activity or in recruitment, consideration, selection or employment whether full-time or part-time.