Maintenance Engineer #3621F-9-21
Maintenance Engineer First Class
About Tulsa Community College
Tulsa Community College is committed to creating equitable and inclusive work environments to support the success of the full range of our employees.We believe that employees who feel valued and respected will create policies, programs, practices and services to effectively meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our increasingly diverse student populations. We encourage candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, to work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and to serve the increasingly diverse college community. We are committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our students, but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our community.
Oversee daily work assignments and train staff in activities related to the mechanical operation of the campus plants and facilities. Monitor and operate plant equipment on the assigned campus to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the central plant facility.
Position Type: Full-time
If Faculty, Contract Length:
Job Code Number: 3621F-9-21
- High school diploma or GED or technical school in the appropriate field of study.
- First Class Engineer's license, Unlimited Mechanical Journeyman's license (or ability to obtain a license upon hiring), and Universal Refrigerant Certification required.
- Three or more years experience on equipment requiring a First Class Engineer's license and an Unlimited Mechanical Journeyman's license.
- Ability to train staff in the safety and proper operation of a plant facility.
- Ability to implement preventative maintenance programs.
- Ability to perform responsibilities on one's own initiative with limited supervision.
- Ability to move heavy objects (50 pounds).
Preferred Qualifications: Prefer education and/or formal training on equipment requiring the above license including electrical, plumbing and mechanical blueprint reading and troubleshooting.
Starting Salary Range: $22.21/hour - $25.47/hour
Work Schedule: Various Hours, Various Shifts.
Posting Date: 09/28/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised Department: Facilities