Maintenance Electrician #3999F-9-19tulsa community college
About Tulsa Community College
Tulsa Community College is committed to creating equitable and inclusive work environments to support the success of the full range of our employees.
We believe that employees who feel valued and respected will create policies, programs, practices, and services to effectively meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our increasingly diverse student populations.
We encourage candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, to work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and to serve the increasingly diverse college community.
We are committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our students but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our community.
Performs in-house electrical work such as maintenance, troubleshooting, installation of new and existing wiring, equipment and lighting, and handles projects of all voltages and amperages.
Position Type: Full-time
Curricular: If Faculty, Contract Length:
Job Code Number: 3999F-9-19
- Unlimited Journeyman License required.
- Must be skilled with the tools of the trade, including meters, testing devices, and hand tools.
- Must have a good knowledge and practice of safety and lock-out procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to move heavy (50 pounds) objects.
- Prefer training in an electrical apprenticeship program, formal electrical training and/or trade school.
- Prefer experience reading and interpreting blueprints and/or drawings.
Minimum Salary: $18.03
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Posting Date: 09/17/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised Department: Facilities Maintenance