Health Promotion Coordinator #4838F-04-22
Health Promotion Coordinator
$19.98 - $22.85 Hourly
Monday – Friday 8 am-5 pm, evenings and weekends as needed.
Tulsa Community College is committed to creating equitable and inclusive work environments to support the success of the full range of our employees. We believe that employees who feel valued and respected will create policies, programs, practices and services to effectively meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our increasingly diverse student populations. We encourage candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, to work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and to serve the increasingly diverse college community. We are committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our students, but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our community.
Design and implement health education programs, events, and awareness campaigns that have a positive impact on student well-being, success and retention.
This is a Safety Sensitive position pursuant to Oklahoma Statute OKLA. STAT. tit. 63, § 427.8 (2020).
1. Provide college-wide programs in multiple formats on a variety of topics impacting student success, including, but not limited to, stress management, sleep hygiene, health relationships, violence prevention, bystander intervention, sexual health, alcohol and drug misuse prevention, eating disorders, suicide prevention, and financial wellness in conjunction with Wellness Services staff and other TCC departments.
2. Provide support for Wellness initiatives, programs, and grants.
3. Provide appropriate referrals for mental health and other wellness needs.
4. Establish and maintain effective work relationships with community agencies, employees, and students.
5. Provide support for the Student Wellness Advisory board.
Bachelor's degree in Health Education or Health Promotion, College Student Development, Education Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, or a related field.
1 year of experience creating successful prevention programs.
Ability to make appropriate referrals to correct TCC staff or community agencies.
Knowledge of health issues that impact college student success.
Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student population.
Experience in higher education.
Tulsa Community College