Financial Aid Systems Analyst #4721F-11-21
Financial Aid Systems Analyst
Salary: $19.98 - $22.85 Hourly
Location: Tulsa, OK
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Financial Aid
Job Number: 4721F-11-21
Work Schedule: 8:00 - 5:00 Monday - Friday
Tulsa Community College is committed to creating equitable and inclusive work environments to support the success of the full range of our employees. We believe that employees who feel valued and respected will create policies, programs, practices and services to effectively meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our increasingly diverse student populations. We encourage candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, to work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and to serve the increasingly diverse college community. We are committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our students, but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our community.
Responsible for student information system analysis, development, and support for the Banner ERP system as it relates to financial aid administration. Includes testing of Banner and upgrades, and working with functional owners on design specifications as well as modifications to existing functionality.
1. Create functional/technical specification based on user requirements developed using system analysis and design methods.
2. Configure and maintain the financial aid module to conform to state and federal regulation and user specification.
3. Test patches and upgrades to the Banner Financial Aid module.
4. Write advanced SQL statements and population selections.
5. Create, configure, and run Banner job process flows in the Automic Enterprise Applications Manager with output sent to Banner ePrint.
6. Author-advanced IBM Cognos BI reports for various stakeholders.
7. Complete bi-directional secure daily file transfers between TCC, Federal Student Aid, and the Oklahoma State Regents.
8. Complete and submit generated reports to Federal and State agencies.
9. Ensure compliance with data security laws, GBLA, Privacy Act, FERPA, HEA by maintaining and updating Banner access control lists to sensitive PII data.
10. Ensure data integrity by identifying data issues and working with various college departments to continually improve data accuracy.
11. Troubleshoot and solve issues as part of constant improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field. Degree requirements may be substituted with equivalent work experience.
- 3 years experience with applications systems, preferably Financial Aid related application systems.
- SQL Select Query writing skills.
- System design, analysis, implementation, and process testing experience.
- Experience in Banner Financial Aid, Cognos, SQL, Appworx, and/or Workflow.
- Project management experience.
- Process/job automation experience.