Embedded Classroom Coach
Embedded Classroom Coach (grant funded)
- Job Summary
Provide academic support services designed to ensure the success of students in foundational writing and reading courses.
- Essential Duties
1. Provide embedded tutoring in READ and ENGL courses.
2. Collaborate with faculty to develop lessons and activities for embedded tutoring.
3. Work with faculty to monitor student course progress.
4. Help students navigate academic challenges in their coursework.
5. Identify and develop appropriate academic resources for student success.
6. Maintain student tracking data to measure student outcomes.
7. Collaborate with appropriate Student Success Team members for encountered student needs beyond tutoring.
8. Provide one-on-one tutoring as needed.
- Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in English, Composition/Rhetoric, Reading, Literacy, Education, or a
1 year of related experience.
Ability to develop positive relationships with personnel at all levels.
Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty, staff and the community demonstrating effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as listening skills.
Ability to perform duties under one’s own initiative and with limited supervision.
- Preferred Qualifications
Experience in higher education.
- Tulsa Community College