Diversity Outreach Specialist #4809F-8-19tulsa community college
Diversity Outreach Specialist
About Tulsa Community College
Tulsa Community College is committed to creating equitable and inclusive work environments to support the success of the full range of our employees.
We believe that employees who feel valued and respected will create policies, programs, practices and services to effectively meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our increasingly diverse student populations.
We encourage candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, to work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and to serve the increasingly diverse college community.
We are committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our students, but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our community.
Plans, facilitates and evaluates programs designed to recruit and retain members of underrepresented populations into TCC. Facilitates college readiness programs and events targeting underrepresented and underserved student groups. Coordinates and participates in outreach to diverse populations and facilitates college-readiness efforts in middle schools, high schools and in the community.
Campus: Outreach Center
Position Type: Full-time
If Faculty, Contract Length:
Job Code Number: 4809F-8-19
- Bachelors' Degree in Applied Behavioral Studies, Psychology, Sociology, Child Development, Human Relations, Education or related field.
- One year experience working with and understanding of college access and challenges for first-generation, low-income, and underrepresented students.
- One year experience with college readiness outreach, student mentoring, and academic workshop facilitation or presentations.
- Must enjoy community outreach, working with people, building relationships and meeting new people.
- Effective communication skills.
Minimum Salary: $18.03/hour
Work Schedule: 9 am- 6 pm Monday-Friday
Posting Date: 08/29/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Advertised Department: Outreach Center