Diverse Faculty Fellow - Business & IT #4343F-04-22
Diverse Faculty Fellow - Business & IT
Depends on Qualifications
School of Business & Information Technology
Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
To be determined
Tulsa Community College is committed to creating equitable and inclusive work environments to support the success of the full range of our employees. We believe that employees who feel valued and respected will create policies, programs, practices and services to effectively meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our increasingly diverse student populations. We encourage candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, to work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and to serve the increasingly diverse college community. We are committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our students, but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our community.
Tulsa Community College is seeking a Diverse Faculty Fellow to begin Fall 2022. This faculty position is a two-year appointment with no guarantee of further employment and will embody Tulsa Community College's mission, vision, beliefs, and values to ensure student learning and build an educated, employed, and thriving community.
1. Engage in equity-minded practices that cultivate respect and understanding of individual differences.
2. Design and deliver student learning experiences and assess student progress.
3. Provide constructive and timely communication with students and colleagues.
4. Guide and mentor students in and outside the classroom to promote their success.
5. Actively participate in departmental and college meetings.
Year One Responsibilities
1. Teach up to 6 credit hours in the fall semester and a maximum of 9 credit hours in the spring semester
2. Be available for student hours, at least 10 hours per week
3. Complete multiple classroom observations. Expect to observe other classrooms and be observed.
4. Participate in faculty development, including New Faculty Orientation, the Academy of Teaching Excellence, Teaching at TCC, and Online Teaching Fundamentals.
Year Two Responsibilities:
1. Teach a full course load (15 credit hours each semester).
2. Be available for student hours, at least 10 hours per week.
3. Participate in faculty development, including the Design Institute and other development opportunities.
4. Participate in Online Peer Review process, if online teaching is available.
5. Continue structured mentoring within the department and college.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or IT related field or any Master's Degree.
Experience with Learning Management Systems, Blackboard/Online Learning Platform, Early Alert system, and File storage.
Master's Degree in Computer science, Information Technology, or IT related field plus 18 graduate hours in IT including 3-5 years industry experience and professional certification.
Tulsa Community College