Director Tutoring Services - OK #3718F-12-21
Director Tutoring Services
$51,452.00 - $59,170.00 Annually
To be determined
Tulsa Community College is committed to creating equitable and inclusive work environments to support the success of the full range of our employees. We believe that employees who feel valued and respected will create policies, programs, practices and services to effectively meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our increasingly diverse student populations. We encourage candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, to work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and to serve the increasingly diverse college community. We are committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our students, but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our community.
Coordinate tutoring services for the College across all campuses, working closely and collaboratively with Deans, faculty, and staff in academic departments and schools. In addition to leading the day-to-day operations of all tutoring centers, the Director will develop programs, activities, and procedures to ensure that all tutoring centers support the college's retention and completion strategies and goals.
1. Establish goals and research, develop, and implement strategies to provide high-quality tutoring, effective learning support, and quality service for students across modalities (online, asynchronous, and face-to-face).
2. Select, supervise, evaluate, and develop staff and provide leadership for hiring committees.
3. Facilitate staff development with a strong focus on effective communication and academic support for developmental, ESL, and first-generation college students.
4. Coordinate with faculty, adjuncts, staff, and lab personnel to communicate tutoring center services, procedures, and plans for continuous improvement.
5. Work collaboratively with faculty to develop content specific programming and support materials.
6. Collect, assess, and disseminate campus-wide tutoring data, including student satisfaction, success rates, and resource utilization.
7. Conduct an annual program review for Tutoring Services, including the development and
assessment of learning outcomes and program improvement objectives, in collaboration with staff and faculty liaisons.
8. Oversee and maintain the CRLA-certified tutor training program, including coordination of training sessions and maintenance of records for students completing CRLA training and certification.
9. Compile reports, maintain records, and manage the annual budget for Tutoring Services.
Master's degree in any discipline in which learning assistance or tutoring is provided; or a Master's degree in education, educational psychology, instructional psychology.
Three years of experience in an instructional, tutorial, or academic lab setting with strong commitment to student success and customer service.
Familiarity with culturally relevant tutoring pedagogy and best practices.
Ability to supervise and coordinate personnel and programming.
Experience in developing, facilitating, and assessing learning outcomes.
Experience with multiple modalities and techniques that support student learning, including students needing accessibility resources.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Philosophy compatible with that of a comprehensive urban community college.
Experience in teaching or supporting developmental education.
Ability to travel between TCC campuses.
Doctoral degree (Ph.D., J.D., Ed.D.).
Teaching experience at a community college or university.
Experience implementing College Reading and Learning Association certifications, regulations, and training.