Director Testing Services #3668F-11-21
Director Testing Services
Salary: $51,452.00 - $59,170.00 Annually
Location: Tulsa, OK
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Student Assessment & Testing
Job Number: 3668F-11-21
Work Schedule: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Some evenings and weekends
Tulsa Community College is committed to creating equitable and inclusive work environments to support the success of the full range of our employees. We believe that employees who feel valued and respected will create policies, programs, practices and services to effectively meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our increasingly diverse student populations. We encourage candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, to work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and to serve the increasingly diverse college community. We are committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our students, but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our community.
Maintain a testing environment that is inviting and supportive of all students and ensures that all tests are administered fairly and consistently. In this role, the integrity of all tests must be maintained by controlling the security of all testing materials received and by strictly following all guidelines and procedures set by the various testing entities. The Director works closely with student affairs areas and with faculty and other staff members in an effort to better serve TCC's student body, prospective students and community members.
This is a Safety Sensitive position pursuant to Oklahoma Statute OKLA. STAT. tit. 63, § 427.8 (2020).
1. Manage the daily operations and budget of the Testing Center.
2. Ensure College compliance with testing standards set by FERPA, ADA guidelines, NCTA standards, and TCC policies and procedures.
3. Hire, supervise, and evaluate full-time and part-time staff.
4. Ensure training and professional development for staff regarding procedures and guidelines for all testing activities. Model and train staff to provide high-quality customer service, effective testing administration, test score summaries, and academic support for diverse populations of faculty,
college administrators, students, paid customers, and visitors.
5. Provide information and resources about Testing Center procedures, related TCC policies, and test-taking preparation to the college community and public.
6. Implement safety and security procedures that protect academic integrity.
7. Collect and analyze customer satisfaction, usage, placement, outcomes assessment, and related data to improve Testing Center services.
8. Collaborate with IT and Online Learning to assure the proper maintenance, viability, and functioning of technologies needed to administer, report, and monitor testing services.
9. Collaborate with the Dean of Retention & Engagement, Academic Advising Director, and Admission Director, faculty, staff, and external stakeholders to share data and apply academic placement policies and procedures to enhance student intake experiences, success, persistence, and completion.
10. Serve as a subject matter expert in academic placement and college readiness on college, statewide, and other related committees.
11. Partner with testing companies to support the testing needs of Tulsa County and generate supplemental college revenue.
12. Manage the collection, security, and accounting of fees and contract revenue collected by the Testing Center.
13. Execute annual contracts with testing entities and update testing software as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Education, Social Sciences or a related field.
- 3 years of supervisor and/or management experience of full-time employees.
- 2 years of demonstrated experience successfully managing testing and/or assessment centers, including a broad knowledge of testing policies and procedures.
- Progressively responsible experience directly related to the field of education.
- Ability to work in a high-paced and high-demand environment.
- Experience working in a community college environment.
- Effective verbal/written communication, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365.
- Master's degree in Business, Education, Social Sciences or a related field.
- Experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders to solve complex problems effectively.
- Ability to use varying styles, approaches, skills and techniques to communicate with various constituents (e.g., faculty, staff, students, community partners) with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Knowledge of learning theory regarding college readiness, developmental education, and testing-taking anxiety.
- Knowledge of the role of college academic placement and assessment in evaluating learning.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Experience with testing related software/programs/technologies, Learning Management System (e.g., Blackboard), and Student Information Systems (e.g., Banner).