Director Continuing Education #3845F-04-22
Director Continuing Education
$51,452.00 - $59,170.00 Annually
Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 4:30 pm, some weekends if necessary
Tulsa Community College is committed to creating equitable and inclusive work environments to support the success of the full range of our employees. We believe that employees who feel valued and respected will create policies, programs, practices and services to effectively meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our increasingly diverse student populations. We encourage candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, to work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and to serve the increasingly diverse college community. We are committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our students, but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our community.
Plan, organize, staff, direct, promote, control, and evaluate non-credit programs at the assigned locations, including researching new areas in which to offer courses. Provide leadership, management, and guidance for non-credit offerings in assigned area.
This is a Safety Sensitive position pursuant to Oklahoma Statute OKLA. STAT. tit. 63, § 427.8 (2020).
1. Recruit, select, supervise, and evaluate staff at the assigned locations.
2. Work cooperatively with the campuses to identify, secure and maintain the necessary facilities and services to meet the needs of the on-campus non-credit programs; work with off-campus sites needed for special course offerings; work with the Vice President of Workforce Development in identifying, arranging for, supervising and evaluating facilities and services for non-credit programs at off-campus locations.
3. Create multiple schedules, flyers, brochures, web-pages and other marketing materials to use in promoting the courses, programs and special events developed in this area.
4. Develop courses including the pricing structure of each course.
5. Prepare and submit an Annual Planning and Budgeting Process document to the Vice President of Workforce Development and CAO for approval.
6. Meet with the program area's advisory committee to assist with the identification of educational needs which can be met through the Continuing Education area.
7. Make community presentations and calls on employees, agencies, schools and others regarding educational services that can be provided through the Continuing Education area.
8. Work with the Vice President of Workforce Development and the Director of Marketing Communications to market the non-credit programs; develop, administer, and evaluate the yearly marketing plan.
9. Handle student concerns, enrollment issues, supply needs, coordination of rooms and deals with non-payment of fees, ensuring that the customers are treated with fairness and respect.
10. Conduct regular meetings and directly coordinate activities
11. Responsible for special events and contract training in the area of responsibility.
Master's degree in Adult Education, Business, Marketing or a related field.
5 years of significant administrative experience in the development and implementation of instructional programs in an educational institution, agency or business/industry setting.
Evidence of ability to develop, implement and market diverse programs.
Proven record of leadership and management experience.
Commitment to serving students with diverse abilities, backgrounds, and purposes.
Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Willingness to work flexible hours.
Tulsa Community College