Academic Support Specialist #5000F-11-21
Academic Support Specialist
Salary: $13.42 - $15.19 Hourly
Location: Tulsa, OK
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Academic Advising
Job Number: 5000F-11-21
Work Schedule: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM, some weekend during peak enrollment.
Tulsa Community College is committed to creating equitable and inclusive work environments to support the success of the full range of our employees. We believe that employees who feel valued and respected will create policies, programs, practices and services to effectively meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our increasingly diverse student populations. We encourage candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, to work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and to serve the increasingly diverse college community. We are committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our students, but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our community.
Provide operational and administrative support for the Academic Advising department with an emphasis on providing excellent customer (student) service.
1. Serve as a primary point of contact for Academic Advising front office, answering calls and emails and transferring calls/emails to the department.
2. Tend to the front desk, greeting walk-in visitors and assisting them in answering inquires. Direct visitors as needed to the appropriate department.
3. Perform general office administration tasks including but not limited to, photocopying, data entry, filing, and records maintenance.
4. Receive, scan, log, or direct confidential student documents/records, adhering to College, State, and Federal guidelines.
5. Review and maintain website for campus advising coverage.
6. Review Starfish alerts and assign flags notices to assigned academic advisor.
7. Connect students with academic advisors (virtually).
8. Address academic advising emails, forwarding the assigned academic advisor when necessary (Starfish).
9. Review and respond to all student Starfish Intake forms.
10. Maintain records and reports for certification and assessment purposes.
- Associate's degree or equivalent education in any field. Degree requirements may be substituted with equivalent work experience.
- One year of related professional work experience, preferably in an academic setting.
- Interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively with, and respect, diverse populations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in higher education.