Academic Advisor #4531F-11-21
Salary: $16.30 - $18.54 Hourly
Location: Tulsa, OK
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Academic Advising
Job Number: 4531F-11-21
Work Schedule: Monday - Thursday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm; Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Occasional nights and weekends.
Campus: To be determined
Tulsa Community College is committed to creating equitable and inclusive work environments to support the success of the full range of our employees. We believe that employees who feel valued and respected will create policies, programs, practices and services to effectively meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our increasingly diverse student populations. We encourage candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, to work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and to serve the increasingly diverse college community. We are committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our students but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our community.
Responsible for an identified caseload of students and will track student success in an effort to increase retention and completion rates. Monitor caseloads of students and provide proactive advising assistance to at-risk students.
Essential Duties1. Provide academic advising services for assigned academic programs areas to an identified caseload of students, assisting them with educational and career planning.
2. Provide computerized degree audits to advisees.
3. Track student academic progress within the designated caseload/student population.
4. Communicate with a caseload of students at designated times each semester, with a focus on student success, retention and completion.
5. Refer students to academic support resources such as tutoring labs and/or faculty.
6. Refer students to personal support services either within the college or in the community.
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Sociology, Student Personnel Counseling or a related field.
- 6 months experience advising students, preferably in a higher education institution.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to have positive relationships with personnel at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; some evenings required.