Marketing Specialist / Graphic Designer
Reporting: SVP Marketing
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Level: Non-Managerial
Creation Date: April 22, 2011
Review and Revision Dates: June 1, 2011, May 3, 2013, January 1, 2014, November 25, 2015, October 22,2020
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Credit Union in fulfilling our core purpose, To Serve Our Members’ Interests, while helping to meet our core values of:
- Integrity is first in all we do
- Treat all with respect
- Value employees as our primary resource
- Be a good corporate citizen
To achieve the purpose while living our core values, the position must deliver supreme quality service to both internal and external members as defined by our Service Promises.
- I promise to treat you with the highest standards of respect and professionalism.
- I promise to be accurate and ensure the security of your financial information.
- I promise to make it easy for you to do business with us.
- I promise to identify your needs and suggest a solution that will improve your financial life.
- I promise to respond to your requests in a timely manner.
- I promise to show you appreciation for allowing me to serve you.
This position informs Credit Union members about products, services, issues, and events through advertising, newsletters, promotional pieces, and utilization of the MCIF system.
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Aggressively manage account relationships with departments and business units, etc., in facilitating the creation of resource materials including but not limited to advertising, product promotions, sales materials, newsletters and media.
- Responsible for all marketing related to the Bartlesville, Lawrence, Springdale and Houston markets as directs by the AVP Marketing.
- Write and implement marketing plans, including the design of advertising and collateral material and promotional pieces, printing and mailing, and internal communication and coordination.
- Coordinate the design and update of brochures, forms, letterhead, and other collateral material.
- Coordinate demographic segment programs such as; Johnny Appleseed, Student Services, mortgage services, etc.
- Coordinate with MCIF Administrator to identify and integrate consumer data to achieve targeted marketing.
- Coordinate annual meeting and annual report.
- Design marketing materials to support campaign initiatives, branch initiatives and/or Select Employee Groups functions through Business Development.
- Implement and/or support product specific initiatives to support the Credit Union’s Good to Grow initiatives.
- Monitor and track campaign progress; and report the final results with the Marketing Summary ROI.
- Manage account relationships with departments and business units, etc., in facilitating the creation of resource materials including but not limited to advertising, product promotions, sales materials, newsletters and media.
- Research, price and evaluate all promotional items as requested by Marketing Specialists.
- Successfully complete all applicable compliance training and testing.
- Support and participate in Credit Union events relative to community and public relations, such as trade shows, charitable events, etc.
- Moderate travel to attend conferences, training, &/or maintain minimum quarterly branch visit requirement.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of:
- Modern office equipment
- Credit Union products and services
- Technology and various software programs including graphics design software and desktop publishing; Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft Suite
- Ability to:
- Solve practical problems and deal with variables in situations
- Read and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, and schedule form
- Write reports and correspondence and to speak effectively before members and employees
- Self direct with the initiative and drive necessary to activate a project from conception through completion
- Organize and prioritize in order to meet deadlines
- Skill in:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively work with members and co-employees
- Typing and personal computer
- Making effective and timely decisions
Critical Development Experiences:
Pursue opportunities for professional growth and development through training, education and self-study
Successfully complete all applicable compliance training and testing
Education and experience equivalent to:
Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Regular attendance and timeliness are essential functions of this position. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for a significant period of time and perform functions that require manual dexterity. The employee must occasionally reach above or below normal body position, stoop or bend, and carry, lift or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds. A normal range of hearing, vision, and speech are required to effectively work with co-employees and members.
REGULATORY COMPLIANCE & CONFIDENTIALITY
Follows regulatory and policy compliance requirements, which include those efforts in compliance with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Regulations, Identity Theft Red Flags and other compliance related Policies. This position also requires maintaining confidentiality with regard to non-public information about our members and the Credit Union.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the duties, responsibilities and requirements of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description. Any physical demand of essential function or requirement of this position will be evaluated as necessary should an incumbent/applicant be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodation for the specific disability will be made for the incumbent/applicant when possible.