TRS CASE WORKER II
MUSCOGEE (CREEK) NATION
Seeking an TRS CASE WORKER II
Description: Under the Supervision of the Tribal Reunification and Permanency
Services Program Manager, the Tribal Reunification and Permanency Services Case Worker Il will provide intensive case management services to Muscogee (Creek) children who have been removed from their homes due to abuse or neglect. The Tribal Reunification and Permanency Services Case Worker Il will also provide intensive case management services to the parents/custodians of those children. The Tribal
Reunification and Permanency Services Case Worker II will perform the following: conduct individual and family assessments; develop family services plans; locate agencies to assist families with reunification efforts; conduct home visits; transport children to services, visits, etc.; respond immediately to the needs of the children in foster care; report families' progress on service plans to the court; and make recommendations regarding visitation, reunification, termination, etc. to the court. The Tribal Reunification and Permanency Services Case Worker II shall be knowledgeable of the following: principles and practices of social work; child development stages; emotional, physical and mental needs of abused/neglected children; basic courtroom terminology and procedures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct individual and family assessments to determine strengths and needs of children and their parents/guardians.
- Develop family service plans designed to reunify children with their families.
- Assist the family in locating and determining appropriate resources and services.
- Maintain regular contact with children and families by conducting home, school or work visits.
- Transport children to foster care placements, medical appointments, visitations, etc.
- Provide 24 hour response to meet the needs of children in foster care.
- Attend tribal court hearings and provide testimony when necessary.
- Provide written reports regarding the family's progress on service plans and make recommendations regarding visitation, reunification, termination, etc. to the court.
- Maintain efficient management of cases and case files.
- Complete weekly, monthly, quarterly, and/or annual statistical and/or narrative reports.
- Maintain confidentiality of CFSA programs and caseload.
- Participate in CFSA and ICW staff meetings.
- Attend multi-disciplinary team meetings and other meeting when required.
- Attend trainings, workshops or other educational programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or other related field and one (1) year ex erience in rofessional social work.
- Must have a Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or other related field and two (2) years' experience working with children, parents and/or families; or Master's Degree in Social Work or other related field and one (1) year experience working with children, parents and families
- Special Consideration: Knowledge of Muscogee (Creek) language and culture.
Muscogee (Creek) and Indian Preference