MUSCOGEE (CREEK) NATION
Seeking an SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Description: Responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems. Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. Recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Investigates and analyzes feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications. Identifies methods, solutions, and provides project leadership to provide a high level of service to the customers of the department.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the day-to-day operations and monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software. Works with vendors to assist support activities.
- Develops new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Establishes, maintains and manages users AD accounts. Installs, modifies and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems. Provides server support related to other software.
- Establishes guidelines and methods for the installation and management of the host computer operating systems, disk arrays, fiber channel switches, back ups.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
- Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
- Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
- Manages the data center and computer host systems including hardware, software and equipment such as air-conditioning system, UPS(uninterrupted power system) and fire protection system.
- Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology.
- Associate's degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis. Five years of work experience in complex systems design, programming and systems software and support.
- Must have a Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
- 3-5 Years experience AD, O365, Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
Muscogee (Creek) and Indian Preference