SRS CASE WORKER II
MUSCOGEE (CREEK) NATION
Seeking an SRS CASE WORKER II
Description: Under the Supervision of the State Reunification and Permanency
Services Program Manager, the State Reunification and Permanency Services Case Worker will attend state court proceedings involving abused and neglected Muscogee (Creek) children to ensure compliance with the Indian Child Welfare Act. The State Reunification and
Permanency Services Case Worker will coordinate with state child welfare agencies in providing services to Muscogee (Creek) children and their families. The State Reunification and Permanency Services Case worker will perform the following: conduct individual and family assessments; assist in the development of family services plans; locate and coordinate services with community, tribal and state social service agencies to assist families with reunification; conduct home visits and house assessments; transport children and clients to services and visits, supervise visits; report family's progress on service plans and make recommendations to the court. The State Reunification and Permanency Services Case Worker shall be knowledgeable of the following: principles and practices of social work; child development stages; physical and psychological needs of abused/neglected children; basic court terminology and procedures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend adjudication, dispositional, review and other hearings in state courts to ensure that state child welfare agencies and courts are complying with the Indian Child Welfare Act and Provide testimony when necessary.
- Maintain regular contact with state child welfare agencies and request information regarding status of cases.
- Coordinate with state child welfare agencies in providing reunification and permanency services to Muscogee (Creek) children and their families.
- Conduct individual and family assessments to determine strengths and needs of children and their parents/guardians.
- Assist with the development of family service plans designed to reunify children with their families.
- Provide case management services, including home visits, house assessments, supervision of visits and transportation as schedule allows.
- Provide written reports regarding the family's progress on service plans and make recommendation regarding foster care placement, visitation, reunification, termination, etc. to the court as needed.
- Maintain efficient management of cases and case files.
- Complete weekly, monthly, quarterly, and/or annual statistical and/or narrative reports.
- Maintain confidentiality of CFSA programs and caseload.
- Participate in CFSA and ICW staff meetings.
- Attend multi-disciplinary team meetings and other meeting when required.
- Attend trainings, workshops or other educational programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or other related field and one (1) year experience working with children, parents and/or families.
- Must have a Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or other related field and two (2) years' experience working with children, parents, and/or families; or Master's Degree in Social Work or other related field and one (1) year experience working with children, parents and/or families.
- Special Considerations: Knowledge of Muscogee (Creek) language and culture.
Muscogee (Creek) and Indian Preference