SENIOR GRANT WRITER
MUSCOGEE (CREEK) NATION
Seeking an SENIOR GRANT WRITER
Description: Under the supervision of the Manager of Grants, and working in conjunction with all branches of government and major department heads - the Senior Grant Writer works collaboratively on statistical research, preparation of grant applications and acquisition of available funding to support and expand tribal government operations. Job entails extensive research, coordination, collaboration, and public relations skills.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide mentoring, training, and technical assistance to Grant Writers and other co-workers.
- Research and Develop a resource base for tribal funding opportunities (whether public, private, or foundation) in all aspects including but not limited to health, education, welfare, housing, and economic development.
- Collaborate on the development of policies and procedures establishing an efficient grants management and application system.
- Provide technical assistance to applicants in preparation of relevant documents and materials required for the submission and management of grants.
- Prepare grant applications for review and approval by appropriate authorizing officials for submission to funding agencies.
- Track the status of applications, assist with task assignments and work flows, and follow up to ensure successful and accurate submission of documents to funding agencies.
- Provide documentation or information necessary to assist with the preparation of authorizing resolutions for implementation of grant funds.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for grant facilitation and management
- Associates degree in business discipline or experience of at least two (2) years in grant writing and management commensurate with degree.
- Must have a Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administratiobn, English, or other applicable discipline with at least five (5) years experience in grant writing; experience in tribal government operations.
Muscogee (Creek) and Indian Preference