RCP CASE WORKER
MUSCOGEE (CREEK) NATION
Seeking an RCP CASE WORKER
Description: Under supervision of the Certification, Placement, Recruitment & Training Coordinator, the RCP Caseworker's main job duty will be the recruitment and training of foster and adoptive homes for the Muscogee (Creek) Nation. As time allows the RCP Caseworker will also write home studies, and assist in the certification process of foster and adoptive families. The RCP Caseworker will assist Indian Child Welfare (ICW) program staff in locating appropriate foster care/adoptive placement for Muscogee (Creek) children in the custody of CFSA and the Oklahoma Department of Human Services (DHS).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit foster and adoptive homes for the Muscogee (Creek) Nation. This will involve much Community Outreach.
- Train foster and adoptive homes for the Muscogee (Creek) Nation. This may require some night or weekend work.
- Assist Indian Child Welfare staff in locating appropriate foster family homes for Muscogee (Creek) children requiring foster care & adoptive placements.
- Work with Oklahoma DHS in locating appropriate foster care & adoptive family homes for Muscogee (Creek) children requiring placement.
- Attend tribal and state court hearings and provide court reports and testimony when necessary.
- Complete interviews and home study assessments of potential foster care and adoptive placements.
- Assist families with adoption proceedings in tribal and state courts.
- Maintain data base of tribal foster and adoptive family resources.
- Maintain efficient management of cases and case files.
- Complete monthly, quarterly and/or annual statistical and/or narrative reports.
- Maintain confidentially of CFSA programs and cases.
- Participate in CFSA and ICW staff meetings.
- Attend multi-disciplinary team meetings and other meetings when required.
- Attend trainings, workshops and educational programs.
- Maintain caseload and case files.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or other related field and one (1) year experience in professional social work.
- Must have a Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or other relevant human service field and two (2) years experience in professional social work; or Master's Degree in Social Work or other related field and one (1) year experience in professional social work.
- Special Considerations: Knowledge of Muscogee (Creek) language and culture.
Muscogee (Creek) and Indian Preference