MUSCOGEE (CREEK) NATION
Seeking a POLICY ANALYST
Description: Under the direction of the Human Resources Director, the Policy Analyst is responsible to review, analyze, update and write human resources policies and procedures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review Human Resources Policy and Procedures manual on an as-needed basis (annually at a minimum); update as appropriate.
- Research and write policies; conduct extensive research that informs the development of human resources policies.
- Establish, implement, and maintain effective methods and processes relating to the communication of MCN policy issues; provide guidance and assistance to employees, as appropriate, in the understanding and interpretation of MCN policies; communicate policies and procedures to all staff through a range of communication channels, including briefs, reports, and presentations.
- Collaborate and seek input from policy stakeholders to obtain feedback on how policies affect others; ensure benefits, concerns, or consequences of policies are taken into account prior to implementation.
- Collaborate with Labor Relations Specialist on creating new policies/procedures.
- Collaborate with Training Specialist on communicating pertinent policies and procedures to new hires during orientation (on-boarding).
- Provide on-going customer service and response to inquiries regarding MCN Policies and Procedures.
- Identify emerging trends; monitor and analyze policy trends that may impact MCN; communicate information to Human Resources Director.
- Maintain knowledge of legal regulations and requirements related to human resources; ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in
- Analyze and interpret data to create reports on a weekly/quarterly/as needed basis in areas of responsibility; provide reports that are evidence-based, well-structured, and effective at communicating policy rationale. Reports include research findings, policy recommendations, and outlining strategies.
- Maintain records and ensure human resources shared drive is maintained updated.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field; experience and/or other training/certification may be substituted for education.
Experience: Three years related human resources administration experience to include at least one year in policy creation and analysis.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for policy analysis, creation, implementation, and assessment.
- Excellent interpersonal and observation skills; ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and departments to contribute to policy development and implementation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills in a one-on-one or group environment.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education: Master's degree in Business Administration or related field.
Experience: Five years human resources administration experience.
Special skills: Experience working in a diverse multi-cultural organization. Knowledge of the Muscogee (Creek) Nation.
Certifications and licenses: SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, or THRP.
Preference: Muscogee and Indian reference.
Visit our website for more information@ www.muscogeenation.com
Muscogee (Creek) and Indian Preference