Loan Officer - Agribusiness & Consumer
Muscogee (Creek) Nation
Seeking a Loan Officer - Agribusiness & Consumer
Description: The purpose of this position is to provide grant and finance support, and coordination of programs and reporting data related to the activities of Mvskoke Loan Fund, Inc. (MLF) as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). This position will be a team member within Ml-F Sales and Marketing Unit.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in capitalization efforts for MLF, including assistance in the development of proposals for and contracts with the CDFI.
• Strong familiarity with agriculture and lending needs.
• Familiarity with consumer lending.
• Track data and report efficiently/effectively on impact and outcomes.
• Maintain, track and generate required reports to funders in a timely and accurate manner.
• Analyze data and update management of trends, concerns and successes observed.
• Remain current with industry best practices.
• Support Ml-F team members with outreach events, and other projects.
• Post payments in Loan Servicing software, this requires an understanding of how/why Principal and interest is applied.
• Monitor Loan Receivables.
• Strong computer skills
• Ability to adapt quickly in a dynamic environment
• Bachelor's Degree and one-year experience or five (5) years or more experience in a grant management and reporting in a financial services field.
• Formal education requirements may be modified with appropriate experience and professional certifications.
• Knowledge of Financial Statements and money management for a not for profit organization.
• Knowledge of outcome and social impact reporting and best practices.
• High level of proficiency using Excel.
• Proven track record of attending to detail, tracking, analyzing and reporting data and meeting deadlines.
• Collaborative workstyle with a customer service focus.
• Clear writing style and experience with government and nongovernment grants.
• Solves problems creatively and manages time efficiently. Detail-oriented, a must.
• Must have a valid Oklahoma Driver's License.
• CDFI knowledge a plus.
• Experience working in a bank or credit union is a plus.
•Experience in sales is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
2. The ability to work well with others, including professional staff.
3. Good organization and analytical skills.
4. The ability to meet the public in a professional and friendly manner.
5. Working knowledge of computers.
6. The ability to use word processing and spreadsheets.
7. Financial Statement expertise.
Muscogee (Creek) and Indian Preference