Labor Relations Coordinator
Muscogee (Creek) Nation
Seeking a Labor Relations Coordinator
General Summary: Under the direction of the Human Resource Manager and working in conjunction with the Office of Administration, the Labor Relations Coordinator Is responsible for updating, communicating and enforcing policies. Evaluate and resolve human relations, labor relations and work related problems between personnel at all levels. Maintains the Career development and Donated Sick leave programs. Manages unemployment and appeals. Manages and negotiates employee complaints, grievances and adverse employment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
•Develop and recommend adoption of HR Policy and Procedures.
•Maintain Policy and Procedure manual in accordance with MCN Law and Employment laws and updates the MCN Website and any other Human Resources Information System (HRIS) that MCN utilizes.
•Serve as the initial contact and liaison for intake and assessment of employee complaints, grievances or adverse employment.
•Assist Managers/Supervisor with all Policy, Progress Discipline procedure, disciplinary actions, terminations or any employment related matter.
•Provide advice and guidance to employees as it relates to policy, compliance, guidelines or any employment matter
•Conduct interviews, investigates and makes determinations on matters related to complaints, grievances and adverse employments: such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other concerns.
•Coordinates the Donated Sick leave program from intake, policy, determination and distribution of sick leave.
•Coordinate the Career Development Program with intake of forms, class schedules, account summaries and determination of payout.
•Inform and provide Management with up-to-date information regarding labor laws, tribal laws and regulations related to employment.
•Assist with recordkeeping related to hiring, terminations, furlough, transfers, and promotions as it relates to policies and agreements.
•Write reports, conduct surveys, interviews, and other research related to human resource polices, compensation, benefits.
•Process Unemployment claims, appeals and serve as a liaison to the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission (OESC) and all unemployment related matters.
• Assist Management during crisis situations; such as labor strikes.
• Facilitate effective negotiations and resolve issues quickly.
• Manager may assign additional and other duties at any time. To perform this job successfully an individual should have knowledge of Human Resource systems, Processing databases and storage databases. Must be proficient in word and excel.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have a valid Oklahoma Driver's license.
1. Demonstrated knowledge of employment law, regulations and guidelines related to Human Resources.
2. Outstanding interpersonal skills.
3. Exceptional written and verbal communication.
4. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
5. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
6. Conflict resolution experience.
7. Proficient with Microsoft office suite or related software.
Muscogee (Creek) and Indian Preference