MUSCOGEE (CREEK) NATION
Seeking an ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIALIST
Description: Under the Supervision of the Muscogee (Creek) Nation Environmental Director and the Environmental Specialist ll.
Will conduct Air Monitoring within the Muscogee Nation Reservation Boundaries.
Emissions Inventory thru out 11 Counties. Knowledge of Clean Air Act and the Comprehensive Federal Law that regulates all sources of emissions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to read and locate legal descriptions and plats sites using tribal, state, county, city, topo and flood maps. Must be able to locate physical sites and give accurate directions to sites.
- Must have knowledge of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) to protect public health and the environment.
- Must to able to calibrate and run Air Monitoring equipment for the following, Particulate Matter (PM 2.5 and PM 10), Ozone, Carbon Monoxide (CO), Sulfur Dioxide (S02), Nitrogen Dioxide (N02)and Lead.
- Must have knowledge of the Air Quality Index (AQI) and the effects on the population and the adverse health effects.
- Must have knowledge of the Indoor Air Quality Evaluations.
- Perform Air Quality Inspections on Tribal Buildings and Tribally owned homes when needed.
- Perform other duties as required. Other duties may include assignments in job classifications other than their own.
- Associates Degree from a two-year college or university and a minimum of three years related to work in Air Monitoring field and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science and 1 to 3 years experience working with Air Monitoring Programs in Tribal, EPA, ODEQ or other Federal Government agencies.
Muscogee (Creek) and Indian Preference