CFSA DILIGENT SEARCH SPECIALIST
MUSCOGEE (CREEK) NATION
Seeking an CFSA DILIGENT SEARCH SPECIALIST
Description: Under the supervision of the assigned Children & Family Services
Administration (CFSA) Program Manager, the CFSA Diligent Search Specialist will provide an exhaustive computer and database search for relatives of children placed in foster care. Once relatives are located and interested in placement, they will complete the background check procedure prior to submitting the required documents on to the CPS Investigator, TR&P Caseworker or SR&P Caseworker for their review and further recommendation. CFSA Diligent Search Specialists will also be responsible for compiling a complete listing of relatives to be filed in the MCN or Oklahoma County Court file. The MCN CFSA Diligent Search Specialist shall be knowledgeable in the following: MCN CFSA policy and procedure; computer programs, applications and database search engines; community, tribal and state resources.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Computer based search for relatives.
- Phone/written contact with potential relative placement.
- Mail out initial contact letter to all relatives located.
- Provide relatives interested in placement of foster child with the required background check documents.
- Process completed background check documentation to obtain results.
- Provide updates to the assigned CFSA worker regarding the status of relatives for placement.
- Submit closing summary to the assigned CFSA worker outlining relatives interested in placement
- Compile a list of all relatives contacted and their interest in placement of the foster child.
- Provide court testimony as needed.
- Input case narratives into the CFSA database system for each case regarding the diligent search for relatives.
- Provide education about the program and services through presentations.
- Participate in community outreach events.
- Assist in maintaining office supplies/equipment.
- Complete weekly, monthly, quarterly and/or annual statistical and/or narrative reports.
- Maintain confidentiality of CFSA programs and cases.
- Participate as a team member in CFSA and program staff meetings to communicate, identify, and resolve problems.
- Attend multi-disciplinary team meetings and other meetings when required.
- Attend training, workshops or other educational programs.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Competencies: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to meet satisfactorily each duty listed above. Individuals must also possess Skills in Problem solving, Technical skills, Verbal and written communication skills, Professionalism and Attendance/Punctuality.
- High School diploma and one (1) year experience in social services or related field.
- Special Considerations — Experience working with Muscogee (Creek) or other Native American families; knowledge of Muscogee (Creek) language and culture.
- Must have a Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
- Associate's Degree in Social Work, Social Services, Human Services or related field and one 1 ear experience in professional social work.
Muscogee (Creek) and Indian Preference