ACS WORKER I
MUSCOGEE (CREEK) NATION
Seeking a ACS WORKER I
Description: This is specialized position in arbor care service with an emphasis on safety and accident prevention. An employee is responsible for arbor care service to be rendered to tribal properties within the Muscogee (Creek) boundaries. Provide goals and objectives, mitigation measures, and priorities ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and guidelines. Improve tribal properties by mitigating risk of arbor debris around structures, service line and any other properties when called upon. Be knowledgeable of emergency preparedness and responsive to security functions. Develop plans and a strategy to prevent loss of life and reduce property damage from any disaster by exercising and coordinating preparedness plans and assisting with other emergency response departments within our tribes. Work is performed under general supervision of the Arbor Services Supervisor.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of equipment (Chainsaws, pole saws, ropes, ladders, hydraulic lifts, chippers).
- Lifting and moving of heavy objects.
- Working at extreme heights.
- Physical ability and knowledge proper climbing techniques and rope applications.
- Physical ability and knowledge of working in and around high voltage power lines.
- Seek opportunities to advance knowledge of arbor care through training, collaboration and self study.
- Safely remove trees or tree limbs from personal property without damage.
- Demonstrate interpersonal relationships in a manner, which enhances communication, promotes conflict resolution and facilitates the development of any desired outcome.
- Able to work and communicate with all levels of public sector employees.
- Knowledge and ability to work safely without incident.
- Performs all other related work as required
- Be able to work efficiently during prolonged and Stressful disaster events.
- Evaluating the job site that has been identified by work crew and making sure it is sufficient with work area safe a priority
- High School graduate or equivalent. Knowledge of tree care removal and equipment.
- Must have a Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
Preferred Requirements: Certification such as CPR and Arborist are a plus. Must be physically fit to perform job related tasks. Any training in boom operated man lifts, training for working in and around power lines and tree climbing experience. Safety is a must.
Muscogee (Creek) and Indian Preference