Converting Machine Operator
Converting Machine Operator
Job Description and Requirements
TC Transcontinental-Tulsa, Making Impressions Count
TC Transcontinental is a leader in flexible packaging in North America, and Canada’s largest printer. The Corporation is also the leading Canadian French-language educational publishing group. For over 40 years, TC Transcontinental’s story has been one of innovation and transformation to meet our customers’ evolving needs. Our strong family values, entrepreneurial spirit and long-term vision have always been at the heart of our success. With our 3 business segments in Packaging, Print and Media, we continue to optimize, transform, and grow while making impressions that count!
TC Transcontinental Packaging brings a distinctive blend of science, technology, and art together to create flexible packaging that preserves our customers' products and accentuates their brands on the store shelf. The Packaging sector has over 4,000 employees and 29 production facilities worldwide. We specialize in extrusion, lamination, flexographic printing, and converting of plastic products. You will join a high-performing team that is passionate about creating the perfect package, no matter what industry.
We share the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s vision of a circular economy for plastic, where plastic never becomes waste and have committed, by 2025, for 100% of our plastic packaging to be reusable, recyclable or compostable. And most recently, we joined the United Nations Global Compact – a voluntary initiative of signatory companies committing to social responsibilities around human rights, labor standards and environmental protection. You will join a high-performing team that is dedicated to sustainability and passionate about our people, operations, communities and products.
About this opportunity
We are looking for energetic, mechanically inclined, and detail-oriented individuals to fill Converting Machine Operator roles that have been created due to new business. Converting Operators perform machine set-up for orders, safely operate machines to production target, waste, and quality standards, and trouble shoot machines when down or not performing to standards. This position reports to department manager.
What you will do
- Set up machine to specifications outlined on the order
- Set up machine to standard time and procedure
- Operate machine within standard production targets and waste limits
- Trouble shoot machine when down or not performing to standard
- Assist maintenance with machine repairs and preventive maintenance
- Ensure that the day-to-day operation of the machine is consistent with the policies and procedures which make up the Quality System
- Continuously improve the process as an individual and as a team member
- Ensure work area is kept clean according to facility and corporate standards
- Ensure all environmental standards and requirements are met
- Support and maintain all activities related to Safe Quality Food (SQF) standards, such as machine center cleaning schedules, checklists, and audits
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Position requires flexibility to include shift changes and overtime; must be able to work 12-hour rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime
- Regular predictable, and reliable attendance
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Perform all other activities as assigned by department manager
What you have to offer
- High School Diploma, or GED required.
- Previous experience in Manufacturing a plus.
- Forward-thinking mindset to challenge systems for improved customer experience and increased production efficiencies
- Effective time management skills with ability to self-prioritize and work autonomously and as part of a team
- Set the example of safe operation by following established safety policies; hold self and others accountable
- A strong work ethic and history. Prefer relevant work experience, such as in manufacturing or machine operating
- Ability to read a tape measure and basic reading, writing, and math skills
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to work effectively as a team
An opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career
- A safe and clean work environment that is climate controlled
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference
- A competitive compensation package, 401K plan and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family’s needs.
- Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, travel, and much more.
Learn more about us
TC Transcontinental Packaging
TC Transcontinental is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.