Quality Assurance Manager Industrial Engineer
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER/INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER
Location: 3509 Galvin Road, Centralia, WA 98531
Hours: Monday – Friday, Day Shift
Reports to: Director of Operations
Expectation: Full-time, additional hours as needed
Rogers Machinery Company is a leading manufacturer of industrial air compressors, vacuum pumps, blowers, and air systems. We are seeking an Industrial Engineer/Quality Control Manager in Centralia reporting to the Director of Operations. This individual will be responsible for the Quality Assurance Program in the Centralia Branch of Rogers Machinery Co., Inc.
This position requires an individual with an excellent eye for detail and sense of diligence towards maintaining and growing the Rogers reputation for first-in-class quality. The ideal candidate must be committed to the idea of first in class quality, detail-oriented, a quick learner, a team player, flexible in job assignments and exceptionally dependable
The essential functions of the position will include:
- Ability to communicate and to work well with others, from internal team members, to external partners and vendors.
- Have a solid background in mechanical, and electrical, including 3-phase power, assembly.
- Strong computer skills, including command of MS Products – Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Also, familiarity with factory MRP/ERP systems is desired.
- Be familiar with codes and standards. Be able to read and understand technical drawings and manuals. Take courses or attend seminars as necessary.
- Survey production jobs as they go through the assembly process. Be able to recognize and analyze mechanical, electrical, control, material, and assembly issues that may occur during assembly and testing.
- Oversee operational test of each assembly. Review test results to make sure that they are within specifications.
- Maintain QA documents including test forms, inspection forms, and reports.
- Be a point of contact for CSA issues. Check and sign off where necessary on CSA forms. Host CSA factory inspections when Production or Engineering Manager is unavailable and upon request.
- Oversee component acceptance inspection and testing.
- Be responsible for the Corrective Action Request (CAR) process for product improvement.
- Maintain test equipment and keep certification records.
- Be point of contact for internal production or vendor warranties.
- Prepare reports on quality issues for weekly/monthly meetings.
- Host Factory Acceptance Tests as required by customers or engineering firms.
- Periodically perform field start-ups to stay familiar with quality issues experienced by customers.
- Make use of Lean techniques to improve process flow.
- Other duties consistent with this position as assigned.
- Cross training within departmental duties to provide coverage for teammates as required.
- Have working knowledge of Lean manufacturing practices.
- Proficiency with standard measuring equipment such as calipers, tape measure, dial indicator, micrometer, height gauge, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical/electrical assembly drawings and specifications
- Computer proficiency (Windows, Word, Excel, Internet)
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Ability to work with people with different skill levels
- Ability to multitask and shift tasks frequently
- Trade school or 4-year degree preferred
- Quality control experience (5 years preferred)