Seeking sharp, energetic and detail-oriented person with bachelor’s degree in accounting and 2+ years broad-based experience in an accounting department; CPA firm experience helpful.
Responsible for sales tax reporting, property accounting, and property tax reporting in a fast-paced manufacturing/inventory environment with multiple branches and departments across the Pacific Northwest and through national distribution networks. Additional responsibilities may include the following: general ledger journal entries, cost accounting, various reconciliations, back-up for various daily and/or month-end processes, and special projects as assigned.
1. Prepare on-time monthly, quarterly and annual sales tax returns by reviewing system reports of sales and preparation of supporting workpapers for return entries. Determine taxable and exempt sales, as well as various other reporting metrics needed to comply with State reporting and filing requirements.
2. Maintain sales tax info within our database, including rates and customer account notations and coding for exemptions; and maintain exemption certificate files. Follow up with coworkers, customers and occasionally vendors to obtain proper sales tax status and necessary documentation.
3. Responsible for fixed asset / property accounting, including familiarity with depreciation and use of depreciation software. Includes maintaining additional information for property tax reporting.
4. Prepare annual personal property tax reports for the various jurisdictions where we have facility locations, as well as some additional reporting per State requirements. Using fixed asset software to generate reports and reviewing, reconciling and verifying listings for the current reporting year to file the property tax returns. Also, includes as necessary analyzing equipment on rent for inclusion if and as required on a locale-by-locale basis.
5. Prepare and enter general ledger journal entries. Prepare entries for fixed asset and depreciation activity; and enter these entries after review and other entries as needed or assigned.
6. Provide cost accounting services for our Field Engineering and Corporate Audit departments, including posting entries to and closing work orders.
7. Reconcile general ledger account balances as assigned on an ad hoc or continuing basis, including writing up journal entries and/or requesting system entries, as needed for reconciliation of the account.
8. Back-up for various daily or monthly processes; other duties and projects as needed.