Designs, develops, directs, and coordinates the activities concerned with the production of company products. Provides engineering and technical support to meet manufacturing requirements by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluates existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements.
- Designs, develops, and provides engineering drawings and layouts for use in machine setup, tooling and fixtures, and manufacturing of products and equipment.
- Assists and coordinates with manufacturing personnel in the development of methods, tooling, CNC programs, machine setup, and other requirements necessary to facilitate efficient production processes.
- Analyzes new product designs for manufacturability.
- Designs and develops equipment required for testing and validating production parts.
- Assists in analyzing nonconforming production parts to determine root cause and corrective action required.
- Develops and maintains plant layouts and equipment placement for optimum efficiency.
- Assists in the selection of equipment purchases.
- Coordinates contract manufactured part quotations when they involve multiple company divisions.
- Performs other manufacturing engineering and ancillary duties as required.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities, but may require cross-functional team leadership or facilitation.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
There are no certificates, licenses, or registrations required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus to read the drawings and use the computers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, equivalent Engineering Degree or 5-10 years of experience in above Essential Duties may qualify. Experience in Foundry, Injection Mold and Machine Shop operations would be helpful.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
3D model/SolidWorks and/or AutoCad experience is required. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet technologies, SmartCAM, GibbsCAM, and Esprit CAM..