Pawnee Nation College President
Pawnee Nation College
The Board of Trustees of the Pawnee Nation College seeks an energetic and visionary leader with substantial academic and administrative experience to serve as the President of the College. The President is expected to lead the College’s academic accreditation efforts while supporting the College’s mission to provide learning and training opportunities that will enrich the lives of students and enhance the economic growth of the Pawnee Nation, surrounding Indigenous nations, and counties.
Sitting on the Pawnee Nation Reserve above the banks of Black Bear Creek near Pawnee, Oklahoma, the Pawnee Nation College is a public College chartered by the Pawnee Nation in 2004. The President serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the College and reports to the College’s Board of Trustees. Nebraska Indian Community College serves as the College’s accreditation partner.
For more information about the College, consult the Pawnee Nation College webpage, athttp://www.pawneenationcollege.org.
- A terminal degree (Ph.D., Ed.D., MFA, J.D., etc.).
- Senior leadership experience, preferably in a higher education setting.
A successful candidate is:
- Knowledgeable of Pawnee culture with experience in Indigenous nation-building initiatives.
- Capable of developing academic programs consistent with federal discretionary and education grants to Indigenous nations.
- An effective and innovative communicator, planner and team leader with strong interpersonal, writing, and verbal skills.
- Able to form mutually beneficial community partnerships among diverse constituents.
- A fiscal stewardship skilled in financial management and resource development, including research grants.
- An experienced manager of employees and programs using efficient problem-solving skills.
- A politically adept decision maker experienced in navigating the political landscapes of Indigenous, state and federal entities.
- Capable of developing and implementing a workable College accreditation plan.
Pawnees and American Indian candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email (or mail) the following to Ms. Staci Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org:
(1) a single pdf file with a letter of interest discussing how the applicant meets or exceeds the minimum requirements,
(2) curriculum vitae, a writing sample, and
(3) a completed PNC Application for Employment (available online)
(4) Three letters of recommendation:
President Search Committee- Pawnee Nation College
861 Little Dee Drive
Pawnee, OK 74058.
For more information, contact Dr. Les Riding In by email at email@example.com. Application materials are due no later than July 15th, 2022, or until the position is filled.