Manager of Maintenance OperationsOSU Okmulgee
Manager of Maintenance Operations
OSU Institute of Technology in Okmulgee is accepting applications for a Manager of Maintenance Operations. This position's primary responsibility is to direct and oversee the operations of all maintenance areas, including but not limited to painting, mechanical, locksmith, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and carpentry for all campus facilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with all rules, policies, and procedures as established by the university.
- Supervises the daily operations by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
- Develops long-range maintenance plans.
- Monitors and inspects work orders for accountability, corrections, performance and quality.
- Develops cost estimates for small projects.
- Maintains adequate inventory for continuity of operations.
- Maintains an up-to-date inventory of trade tools, equipment and supplies.
- Coordinates department training.
- Organizes and maintains engineering files (drawings, hazcom, etc.).
- Reports on budget performance on an ongoing basis.
- Reviews duties requirements for maintenance staff and revise job descriptions on an annual basis.
- Approve leave of staff and arrange for any relief staffing needed.
- Generates weekly summary of outstanding work orders and projects.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction.
- Plans projects, including defining objectives, methods, timetables and budget.
- Supervises work of subcontractors to ensure they are completing jobs as required.
- Ensures proper operations of building(s) through managing, maintaining and regulating systems such as HVAC, electronic, plumbing, physical plant operations, security, fire control and pressure steam systems.
- Probes potential problems and apprises Director of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate or outside vendor resources when necessary.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as college policies and procedures (e.g. quality assurance, safety, operations, personnel).
- Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees.
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by providing safety-related training and equipment maintenance, and ensuring compliance for the handling and storage of hazardous materials and/or waste.
- Additional duties as assigned.
OSUIT offers an attractive benefits package.
Bachelor's degree and relevant licensing is preferred. A background check will be arranged through Human Resources.
"Oklahoma State University is an AA/EEO/E-verify employer committed to diversity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. OSUIT is a tobacco-free campus."