OSU Institute of Technology in Okmulgee is seeking applicants for Groundskeeper.
This position is responsible for performing routine labor and equipment operation to support the maintenance and development of the university grounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Duties include the operation of all types of turf, greenhouse and nursery equipment and snow and ice removal.
- Production and maintenance of greenhouse and nursery plant materials.
- Maintenance of parking lots, sidewalks, and landscape structures.
- Responsible for following all safety regulations and procedures in grounds maintenance operations.
- Requires some weekend work; weekday work schedule may vary with work performed and due to weather conditions.
- Will provide support to other Physical Plant departments when needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior.
- Previous relative experience preferred.
- Knowledge of landscape equipment and supplies.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities simultaneously and work with minimal supervision in a highly self-motivated manner.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Position requires that employee be able to stand, walk, kneel, crouch, bend, reach, and have use of all limbs.
- Must be able to read and write and follow directives.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a positive attitude.
- Excellent listening skills and customer responsiveness are essential.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Oklahoma driver’s license.
- Must be able to complete the requirements for Oklahoma Pesticide Service Technician license within 6 months of employment.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Exposed to outside weather conditions, including extreme cold and heat.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- Required to work during inclement weather.
"Oklahoma State University is an AA/EEO/E-verify employer committed to diversity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. OSUIT is a tobacco-free campus."