Facilities Maintenance AssistantOSU Okmulgee
Position Title: Facilities Maintenance Assistant
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
OSU Campus: Okmulgee
Department: Physical Plant
Location Address: Okmulgee, Oklahoma United States
Hiring Range: (Contingent upon available funding): 12.00 - 13.00, Hourly
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:30am - 4:00pm (may vary)
General Summary: This position is responsible for assisting in daily general maintenance of all Residential Life facilities including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, general repairs, occasional grounds maintenance and custodial.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- HVAC, plumbing, and electrical troubleshooting and repair.
- Repair and maintenance of residence appliances and fixtures.
- General maintenance includes building structure, all interior and exterior finishes, painting and repair of apartments, rooms, hallways, and pest control.
- Assists as directed in the maintenance of safety equipment to include elevators, fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems, and environmental issues requiring immediate action.
- Maintains and repairs shop facilities.
- Assist in documentation of all purchasing assigned.
- Maintain documents and records for maintenance procedures and expenditures.
- Maintain current on all work order documentation and supporting data as directed.
- Requires some weekend work; weekday work schedule may vary with work performed and due to weather conditions.
- Will provide support to other Physical Plant departments when needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please upload a cover letter, resume, and list of references for full consideration.
Position Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or GED required Associate or Technical degree preferred.
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior.
- One year of experience working in facilities maintenance or construction of commercial or residential housing preferred.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities simultaneously and work with minimal supervision in a highly self-motivated manner.
- Must be knowledgeable in parts and supplies requisition and shop organization.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be knowledgeable in the use of power tools.
- Position requires that employee be able to stand, walk, kneel, crouch, bend, reach, and have use of all limbs.
- Must be able to read and write and follow directives.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a positive attitude.
- Excellent listening skills and customer responsiveness are essential.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Oklahoma driver's license.
- License(s) relative to the work performed preferred (i.e. Mechanical, Plumbing, etc.).
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Exposed to outside weather conditions, including extreme cold and heat.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- This position is classified as essential personnel, which may require attendance at work during inclement weather
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.