The following position is available with the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education.
Provide accounting support in the areas of auditing school invoices and preparation of claims for payment; auditing travel claims and communicating travel policy changes to agency staff; review salary and teaching schedules: review comprehensive school program assistance and salary supplement calculation; prepare claims for various operational payments to schools; download and reconcile expenditure transactions from state's accounting system.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field preferred. A minimum of 3 years accounting experience required. Requires expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel and proficiency in operation of a 10-key adding machine. Experience in State's Accounting system is preferred.
Position is based in Stillwater, OK. Normal office conditions with some travel and overnight stays may be required.
1. Coordinate comprehensive school program assistance payment process by collecting and maintaining school personnel and financial information in database; collaborate with Deputy State Director to ensure all program changes are reconciled to ensure appropriate program funding; prepare and distribute accurate and timely Notice of Allocations to Superintendents and Treasurers; prepare comprehensive school program assistance payment and salary supplement claims including payment notices.
2. Review salary and teaching schedules for comprehensive school's teachers to ensure appropriate teacher status for CareerTech programs.
3. Audit agency travel claims for compliance with the State Travel Reimbursement Act; communicate and train agency staff on travel processes to ensure compliance with regulations; communicate travel deadlines and keep travel software system updated.
4. Review comprehensive school and technology center invoices for compliance with agency policy and prepare claims in payment for these various agency activities.
5. Query and export financial data from state's accounting system and populate agency's internal financial report detail file; reconcile data download to ensure appropriate expenditure data is reflected in agency's financial databases.
6. Provide back-up in various Financial Services areas as outlined by division to ensure internal controls and maintain business continuity.
Salary/Benefits: $43,440.86 - $49,544.49 commensurate with education or experience. Health, dental, life and disability insurance; flexible benefits plan; teacher's retirement; vacation/sick leave; paid holidays; employee assistance program; and flex-time options. Total salary and benefits package valued at $55,247.90 - $61,810.95.