The following position is available with the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education.
Provide financial and administrative support to the Financial Services Division including responsibilities for accounts receivable; monitoring of contracts; and the development and monitoring of the budget for the agency's Skills Centers division.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field preferred. A minimum of 3 years prior accounting experience is required.
Demonstrated ability to work well independently or as a team member. Basic phone and website navigation skills are necessary. Requires technical skills such as a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Experience working in State's Accounting System is helpful.
Position based in Stillwater OK. Normal office conditions with some travel and overnight stays may be required.
1. Prepare, verify, and process invoices for sales or services rendered by validating prices, contract conditions, and other critical data.
2. Collect on accounts by sending statements to outstanding customers and through communication with customers via phone, email or mail.
3. Research account discrepancies, credit balances, refunds, etc. and provide accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual reports detailing accounts receivable activity.
4. Monitor various revenue contracts for compliance with contract terms including the appropriate invoicing for the contract.
5. Pay group vouchers and reconcile and mail checks received from OMES.
6. Prepare monthly claims in an accurate and timely manner for in-house divisional charges.
7. Develop, monitor and maintain budgets by source of funds for Skills Centers.
8. Review and approve Dropout Recovery claims and submit them for payment.
9. Prepare fiscal reports for agency staff, other agencies and private companies as requested.
10. Organize, prioritize and manage projects quickly and efficiently, assuring timelines are met.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Salary/Benefits: $43,440.86 - $49,544.49 commensurate with education or experience. Health, dental, life and disability insurance; flexible benefits plan; teacher's retirement; vacation/sick leave; paid holidays; employee assistance program; and flex-time options. Total salary and benefits package valued at $55,247.90 - $61,810.95.
Position posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days or until position is filled.