Financial AnalystOklahoma Department of Career Technology
Provide accounting and financial support functions for federal grants and contracts. These functions include the pre-award review of budget proposals for grant applications and post-award preparation of financial projections and budgets; budget vs. actual reporting; reviewing/monitoring of grant transactions for compliance with internal, state and federal requirements; invoicing and collections; and financial grant reporting.
A minimum of two years federal grant accounting or federal grant management experience preferred. Requires knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles. Bachelor's degree or technical training credentials in accounting/finance-related field preferred.
Set priorities and organize work to meet strict deadlines, coordinate a variety of projects simultaneously; interpret and explain complex rules, regulations, policies and procedures, make decisions on a variety of complex matters in accordance with established procedures.
Position is based in Stillwater, OK. Normal office conditions with some travel and overnight stays may be required.
• Perform pre-award review of budgets for federal grant and contract applications to ensure adherence to applicable state and federal laws.
• Prepare financial projections and develop budgets in support of federal grant requirements.
• Audit subaward payment requests for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with applicable internal policies and state and federal laws.
• Compile expenditure data and prepare federal grant/contract invoices for submission to granting authority.
• Analyze financial data and prepare status updates of federal grant expenditures for agency management.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and closeout financial reports for agency federal grants and contracts and submit to awarding agency.
• Provide back-up expertise in FFATA reporting.
• Maintain operational functions of the Financial Services Division as needed.
$43,440 - $49,544 commensurate with education or experience. Health, dental, life and disability insurance; flexible benefits plan; teacher's retirement; vacation/sick leave; paid holidays; employee assistance program; and flex-time options. Total salary and benefits package valued at $55,003 - $61,566.