Preschool Teacher (Infant Room)
The Preschool Teacher in the infant classroom plans developmentally appropriate, Christian activities in advance. The teacher supervises the children in their care and responds throughout the day to the children’s needs for safety, guidance and Christ’s love. The teacher works closely with the co-teacher to provide collaboration and direction to support the function of the classroom.
- Meets all physical and emotional needs of the children in the classroom
- Creates and implements developmentally appropriate lesson plans that meet the needs of all students in the classroom
- Uses developmentally appropriate guidance techniques that meet the needs of the whole child.
- Complies with DHS regulations
- Greets and welcomes parents and children each day
- Creates relationships with each parent in order to meet the needs of the whole child and to communicate important information
- Attends devotions every morning
- Attends required activities, workshops, conferences and meetings
- Uses Best Teaching Practices to meet the needs of all students
This is a part-time position, Monday - Friday from 8:40am - 2:30pm for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Active member of a local Christian church
- A bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education or related field preferred, or three-years classroom experience
- SIDS Training
- Able to lift 45 pounds
- Able to sit on the floor for short periods of time to interact with children
- Able to effectively communicate with children, co-workers and parents