FOH & BOH positions | FREYA: nordic kitchen | Opening Soon
Freya is locally owned and operated by Justin Thompson Restaurant group, a local owned company with 4 concepts throughout the city. Farrell Bread & Bakery, Juniper Restaurant, Prhyme Steakhouse and Freya nordic kitchen.
At Justin Thompson Restaurants, we believe in the words of Gandhi, when he said, “the best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others”, or as Einstein said it, “only a life lived in the service of others is worth living”. The belief that working to better those around you is paramount to the success of the company and at the heart of each and every decision made by Justin and his management team. Each person within the company works in the service of others. Justin works to support and take care of the company management team, while they in turn take care of the general managers and chefs so they can focus on taking care of the staff. When each level of team member’s concerns and needs are met by those supporting them, every team member is confident in their ability to take care of and provide exceptional hospitality to our guests, our friends, and our community.
FOH: Servers, Host, Expo/Food Runner/Server Assistant
- Server - Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Each server’s primary objective is to show our guests such a delightful time; they will want to return again and again. By attentively engaging guests, servers are acutely aware of the guests’ needs and desires, which will be matched to our offerings.
- Host - As a Host/Hostess you are the first and last impression guests have of JTR Group. Hosts & Hostesses greet guests at the front door and seat them in the dining room. Hosts & Hostesses must be able to take accurate and complete information from guests in person and over the phone while handling multiple tasks simultaneously. Phone etiquette and general friendliness are required, as well as a genuine enjoyment of interacting with people.
- Expo/Food Runner/Server Assistant - Our ideal candidate is a well-spoken individual who is knowledgeable about both our style and our cuisine. An empathetic ear, willingness to help and a warm and friendly personality are also a definite plus. You should pride yourself on flawless execution, providing exceptional table service to our customers and maintaining table appearance. While we do not require you to have experience with our POS system, all applicants must have prior experience in food service, preferably in a fine dining environment.
BOH: Line Cook, Dishwasher
- Line Cook - prepare food in an efficient and effective manner that follows all JTR standards and practices, as well as comply with all local, state, and national food safety guidelines. Prep and cook foods for both lunch and dinner service, while executing dishes. Ensure cleanliness of both work area, and kitchen including, but not limited to, dry goods, walk in, reach ins, freezer, and all storage areas.
- Dishwasher - Properly clean, maintain, and organize all dishes, flatware, cups, utensils, pans, and equipment in the kitchen. The dishwasher is the backbone of the restaurant, and they must possess excellent organization skills. Ability to maintain proper, consistent levels of cleanliness of all items in kitchen. Must be able to work quickly, efficiently, and cleanly.
- 50% off all JTR Group concepts
- Health, Dental & Vision
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
About Freya nordic kitchen:
Pronounced ‘hue-guh’ this centuries old Danish word means a sense of intense well-being brought on by a place or experience emanating warmth, charm and coziness.
It is this concept that has driven us to create Freya: Nordic Kitchen for all of Tulsa to enjoy. Located at Center 1 in Brookside, this new concept by the Justin Thompson Restaurant Group features classic and re-invented dishes & libations from all of Scandinavia.