Online Nursing Adjunct Faculty and Course Developers
Husson University in Bangor, ME, has been transforming students' lives for over 100 years. We do this by inspiring and preparing students for professional careers in current and emerging fields as part of an education informed by the sciences and humanities.
Husson has helped thousands of students to benefit from the transformative power of education. We're committed to making the strategic decisions now that will allow us to continue transforming lives well into the future.
Husson University seeks to attract world-class adjunct faculty to enrich the educational experience of our professionally-motivated students. Husson is committed to building a culturally diverse part-time and full-time faculty dedicated to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We are especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through their teaching, scholarship, and professional experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Husson University is seeking to add enthusiastic individuals to the adjunct pool to design and teach courses in our online Master of Science program in Nursing. Our programs are Nurse Practitioner tracks specializing in Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, or Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner. Courses are online and run for seven weeks in six different terms. Candidates with demonstrated expertise and professional experience in the following are encouraged to apply:
• Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics
• Advanced Health Assessment
• Advanced Pathophysiology
• Evidence Based Practice
• Strategy and Analysis of Organizational Process
• Healthcare Information and Technology
• Adult-Gerontology Acute Care
• Primary Care
• Care of Women, Infants and Children
• Psychiatric Nursing
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will possess a Master's in Nursing and a minimum of five year's experience plus:
• Previous experience with online teaching. Experience with teaching online using the Course Management system Canvas is desirable.
• Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
• Personal commitment to providing quality online education.
**We are ESPECIALLY seeking someone for our PMHNP program who holds an Oklahoma RN & APRN licensure.