Job Description – Executive Assistant
Status: Part-Time, non-exempt
Reports to: President & CEO
Pay Range: $17 - $22 per hour
The Executive Assistant is a self-starter, connector, communicator extraordinaire, who is team oriented and has a passion for supporting public education. Enjoys organization and improving ways to maintain, organize, and find information. Understands the critical need to support and thank volunteers, donors, and other stakeholders. Demonstrates exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. Strong critical thinking and analytical skills. Collaborates with Foundation staff, board of directors, Tulsa Public Schools staff and other volunteers to assist in planning, organizing, and executing initiatives. This position is based in Tulsa.
The Foundation for Tulsa Schools was founded in 2001 through a merger of the Tulsa Education Fund and Tulsa Public Schools Foundation. Our purpose is to support our students and educators at Tulsa Public Schools. We are proud of our history and have demonstrated innovation and collaboration in addressing challenges the district has faced. Throughout our history, we have seen evolution and growth and are proud to provide and support meaningful programs and initiatives to enrich the educational experiences of our students and provide support for our educators and district leaders.
- Maintain office services by organizing office operations; managing correspondence; upkeeping filing systems; monitoring supply requisitions; completing clerical functions.
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Draft memos, meeting minutes, and correspondences
- Update donor management software (DonorPerfect) to send thank you letters and create giving reports
- Handle RSVP correspondences and guest lists for events.
- Manage meeting schedules and troubleshoot scheduling conflicts
- Monitor and maintain supplies and equipment inventory
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management
- Provide assistance with special event planning and execution as requested
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5 years experience preferred
- Passion for and commitment to the mission of the Foundation for Tulsa Schools
- Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive working knowledge of administration and administrative operations
- Self-motivated and team-oriented
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with managing multiple individual’s schedules
- Flexible schedule to allow for occasional evening and weekend events
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The person hired may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description.