Position Profile: Geologist, Tulsa, OK.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyzes and interprets geological, geophysical, or petrophysical information from sources such as survey data, well logs, boreholes, or aerial photos.
- Prepares geological maps, cross-section diagrams, charts, or reports using results of fieldwork or laboratory research.
- Locates, estimates, and predicts oil and natural gas fields using integrated analysis of data and information.
- Uses critical thinking, logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses in workflows and effectively ensures overall conception, planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of each assigned project.
- Works closely with other parts of the business to ensure fully integrated analysis of data.
- Develops reports and interpretations for management as requested.
- Stays current on industry activities and implications to company projects.
- Makes recommendations to management based on complete integration of data, project economics and risk analysis.
- Promotes collaboration, multi-disciplinary approaches and integrated solutions to technical and business problems and opportunities.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of logging tools, measurement and quality control of logging jobs.
- Advanced knowledge of field operations, including logging units, drilling rigs and directional framework and their relationship to basin architecture.
- Advanced knowledge and familiarity with geologic database and mapping software.
- Advanced utilization and application of reservoir characterization and petroleum systems.
- Advanced knowledge of qualitative 2D and 3D seismic interpretation and acquisition.
- Advanced knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
- Knowledge of lease acquisitions, division of interest, and separation of surface and subsurface rights.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Able to effectively abide company policies, procedures, and technology.
- Able to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Exceptional organizational, technical, leadership, and communication skills
- Diverse background in exploration and mining projects, past career focus in field exploration, database management, geologic modeling, and resource estimation.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member to problem solve and learn new technical skills.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Geology, Geophysics or related field required.
- Master's degree from an accredited university in Geology, Geophysics or related field preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.