CIEDA Small Business Specialist
Small Business Specialist – Part-time, Non-Exempt (hourly)
Reports to: CIEDA Executive Director
Compensation: $12 – $20 / hour based on experience, no more than 29 hours per week.
- High School diploma or equivalent; any equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible experience, with work experience substituting for the required education on a year for year basis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to professionally present to stakeholders and prospects
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent knowledge of PC and related software including, but not limited to MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, Adobe Products, and QuickBooks
- Some college, Associates Degree, or Bachelor’s Degree in a business, marketing, management, or a related field, or 3-5 years in relevant experience
- Personal Experience and/or Working knowledge of the principles and practices of small business
- Experience in stakeholder relationships, as well as system and process development and improvement
- Ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities both short and long-term
- High performing, strong team player
- Demonstrated commitment to organizational mission and values.
- Experience performing small business related trainings and support services
- Working knowledge of software platforms including: Google Suite, Dropbox, Constant Contact, ExecutivePulse CRM, Canva, and Asana
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct outreach in-person, through email, and over the phone to reach local businesses and respond to their inquiries
- Support the development of marketing and communications to help drive training engagement and small business networking through initiatives and training
- Create and conduct workshops to aid small business employers and entrepreneurs
- Ensure clients are offered comprehensive suite of services and networking opportunities
- Participate in bi-monthly staff meetings
- Meet monthly, quarterly and annual program requirements as established with leadership, collaborating with larger team to achieve over-arching organizational goals
- Work collaboratively with partner organizations
- Review and adhere to departmental budgets
- Collect and enter data for various spreadsheets or database systems
- Improves accurate, effective, quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Represents CIEDA by welcoming visitors, answering phones, reviewing correspondence; scheduling and arranging meetings and events
- Assists in the development, forming and implementation of short and long range business retention, expansion and attraction plans; gathers, interprets, and prepares data for trade shows, call trips, studies, reports and recommendations; coordinates activities with other departments and agencies as needed
- Maintain extreme confidentiality with all projects and operations as related to economic development projects and activities
- Maintains strong working relationships with the general public, area businesses, clients, the media, and others
- Serves as a member of various committees as assigned
- Attends professional development workshops and conferences to keep abreast of trends and developments in the field of economic development, and to represent the interest of Rogers County on matters related to economic development
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Valid Oklahoma drivers license, or ability to obtain one at time of hire in order to transport self to meetings and facility visits related to business development.
The majority of this position takes place within a traditional office environment. Additionally, this position requires off-site business visits to area companies, including manufacturing facilities which may have excessive noise or exposure to heat, cold and environmental elements.